Reasons why her reasoning is severely misguided:
- Humans ARE animals.
- Individuality is a trait acquired through experience. You’re trying to add a personality to something that isn’t even alive yet.
- Abortion does not serve as a way to let criminals off the hook. The issue of rape and incest do not suddenly disappear with legal and consensual abortion.
- How can a country that kills her own children tell others not to kill? The same way some religions can. And before you forget, our country was founded on freedom acquired by war. And what happens in war? People die.
- Yeah, because our orphanages and foster care system aren’t already overfilled with children whom were promised “love” and “nurture”.
- Sometimes, the law has this magical way of being wrong.
- “our motto”? I thought our motto as the country was “Land of the free and home of the brave”? If that’s your motto, then fine, but don’t throw me into that motto group.
- This may come as quite the surprise, but not everybody has the same belief system as you. If your reasoning is only justifiable through religion, then maybe it shouldn’t be applicable to everybody. People should have a choice in accordance to their beliefs or lack thereof.
I am pro-choice. Do I believe people should have a chance at life? Yes. Does this mean I’d get an abortion? Not necessarily. But is it my decision what a woman should do with her body? No. That’s why it’s her choice.